Friday, August 26, 2011

Way To Keep It Interesting!

In a week of crazy: earthquakes, insane baseball game scores (22-9 Yankee's win), and now a hurricane, do we need this? I mean really?  What.  Is.  Happening???  As I type this, the sun is shining and I have just returned from getting a few cases of water and snacks at the store.  My house is in a flood zone along the Brooklyn waterfront.  We're not leaving it.  Besides, by the time it hits here I'm thinking it will be a category 2 with some strong rain and winds however, my actual concern is the flooding after the storm blows through.  We've had a lot of rainfall this year so far and I'm not sure how much more water we can take on without it overflowing.  But, as we have proven in the past and will continue to do so in the future, New Yorkers are a resilient bunch of people.  We'll weather this just like any other day.  That's the best part about these things, in the aftermath of a blizzard, a blackout, an earthquake, even a terrorist attack, most people step up and pitch in, and I have no doubt that will happen on Sunday too.  I'll be tracking the storm with everyone else, hoping for a slow down or a course change and watching the rain fall over NYC.  Stay safe out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment