Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Shake, Rattle & Really???

Alrightie then....Just when I thought there had been enough moving and shaking going on in my office over the last several weeks with the strike and all the stuff that went along with it, it was nice to have a day to catch up and take a breather.  But NOOOOO.....as I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business (which on occassion I'm not doing), getting some work done, I noticed I was "moving".  Could it be the delirium of the overtime I have been working kicking in?  Could it be the high protein, low calorie power lunch I had just consumed?  I realized no was the answer to both of these questions as I looked around and noticed that I wasn't the only thing moving...everything was!!  I immediately stood up and all of my co-workers were on the sales floor wondering what was going on, burst pipe? construction accident?  what could it be?....OH, right, earthquake...Excellent!!  My office is on the 11th floor in a mid size building in midtown Manahttan, it's good to know we can withstand some shaking!

But here's what I ask of whomever is in charge of earthquakes out there....Can you please take your earthquakes elsewhere, like say...the arctic tundra where there is zero population and thousands of miles for you to experiment with?  I for one would greatly appreciate that.  Keep the shaking out of my city and sorrounding areas please.  Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment