Monday, January 20, 2014

Be Nice


I've been reading tidbits of quotes, posts on FB and some tributes that the media has out there today in honor of Martin Luther King and while there are many quotable quotes from him, one of my favorites is “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’”

It doesn't matter the size of the gesture or even what the gesture is, it matters that you're doing something. Pay it forward, smile at a stranger, give someone a compliment. You'll probably brighten a day and not even know it. A few weeks ago I was at the grocery store and the guy in front of me was short $3 bucks.  As he stood there trying to decide which items to give back I handed the cashier the money and told him not to worry about it.  He was shocked and couldn't be more appreciative.  We've all been there...a few bucks short without our wallets for backup and I bet some of us wished the guy behind us would step up and offer to help. 

So today in honor of the man who gave his life to help change the world for the better, go do something nice for someone and have a great day!   





No comments:

Post a Comment